Tips on Organizing a Successful Twitter Contest: Mashable
Using contests to build excitement about your brand is a tried and true marketing strategy, and Twitter is an ideal platform for launch. Mashable.com provides a five step process for making your Twitter contest an all-around winner.
1. Lock in the Rules and Regulations. It is critical to determine eligibility, prizes, and how the winners of your contest are selected BEFORE you start promoting. Ensure your contest is legal in your state, and provide a link to the rules. Twitter offers guidelinesfor contests that you may want to review as well.
2. Work Out the Kinks. Define the number of prizes you will offer, and a start and end date. Use a unique and memorable hashtag for promotion and analytics software tracking.
3. Promote, Promote, Promote. This is a marketing campaign that you should treat seriously. Use flashy messages at key times to drive traffic. Encourage sharing of the contest as a way to improve chances to win.
4. Get Set to Launch. Make sure you aren’t bumping heads with other major contests or events on your chosen launch date and ramp up activity on the first day of the contest.
5. Finishing Touches. Once the contest is complete, award prizes promptly. Make sure to use the giving of the award itself as another opportunity to link with the followers and contest entrants.
Doing this right can go a long way toward creating customer crusaders who will promote your brand for you. Check out Mashable.com for even more details on these five steps!